There are two types of vaginoplasty procedures (internal and external), and they differ in the procedures involved and expected results. Here are the differences between them:
• Internal vaginoplasty:
Internal vaginoplasty is a surgical procedure aimed at improving the appearance and function of the internal vagina by removing damaged or troublesome tissues and reshaping them to be consistent with the natural structure of the vagina.
The methods of internal vaginoplasty differ depending on the reasons for the procedure. For example, the procedure can be used to treat chronic vaginal inflammation, congenital defects that may affect vaginal function, or to improve the overall condition of the vagina after natural childbirth.
Methods of internal vaginoplasty may include:
- Excision of a portion of the internal vagina and reshaping it to improve its function and appearance.
- Injection of fillers into vaginal tissues to increase the size of the internal vagina and improve the external appearance of the area.
- Use of laser techniques to tighten vaginal tissues and improve sexual comfort.
Vaginal tightening: This procedure, also known as "vaginal muscle strengthening," involves narrowing the vaginal opening. This procedure strengthens loose vaginal muscles and improves sensitivity, elasticity, and control.
- External Vaginal Rejuvenation:
External vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure aimed at improving the appearance of the external area of the vagina and enhancing the aesthetic of a woman's sensitive area. This procedure includes different procedures that depend on the condition of the vagina and the needs of the woman.
Among the procedures that can be followed in external vaginal rejuvenation:
- Reduction of the labia minora and majora: This procedure aims to remove excess skin from the labia minora and majora and reshape them to improve the aesthetic of the area. This procedure is also known as "labiaplasty" and aims to reshape the labia and make them less prominent and more symmetrical.
- Hymen reconstruction: This procedure involves the reconstruction of the hymen, which is normally damaged during intercourse, in order to reshape and repair it.
- Improvement of the appearance of the mons pubis: This procedure aims to improve the appearance of excess skin, reduce its size, and tighten it.
- Correction of structural differences in the vagina: This procedure is performed in case there are differences in the structure of the vagina, such as deformities in the lower wall of the vagina.
- Laser: Laser technology is used to help improve the appearance and function of the external vagina. It can be used to improve tightness, elasticity, color, and reduce wrinkles.